Ok, so I've been blog surfing and checking out my friends' blogs lately and I noticed that everyone has a "why the blog" story. I don't really have a story and the best reason I can come up with is that I have a lot to say. If you know me, you know that I like to talk....a lot. Lately I've been checking out blogs during my lunch break and finding that I could do it too. Then it got me thinking about what I could write about. Thank you to Debra, Ginny, Lindsey and Amanda whose blogs have inspired the creation of mine!
Well, I wish I started this a year and half ago when I first began my stint as a 2nd grade teacher. I have some funny stories to share. I'll blog about those some other time. I'm also a newlywed and have been adjusting, quite nicely, to married life. You can look forward to learning about our married life in future blogs. We are also planning on getting a puppy this spring and I'm sure I'll have interesting stories to share about the craziness of training a new puppy. I'm sure the new puppy will help me learn about my new husband as well and how different or similar we are in raising a puppy.
The blog name took me all week to brainstorm. I'm not exactly sure that I love it, but it is something I say quite often. For example, when I'm skiing and enjoying the beauty all around me, I think (and sometimes say aloud) "This is my life!" When I'm so happy to see my husband come home from work and we enjoy each other's company, I think, "This is my life!" However, most days in 2nd grade I often think "This is my life?" I'm not loving 2nd grade and I'm hoping to be teaching 6th grade next year. Hopefully then the question mark will fall off of this saying! More on that later.
I'm not the best writer and I often think of what to write when I wake up in the middle of the night. I think, that would be great and very entertaining! Then you sit me in front of a computer and I choke. I can't remember those great witty comments that I was going to write. I also like to go on tangents. If you know me, you know that I don't get straight to the point. I tell a story which leads me to another story etc. Then I forget the point of my original story. It annoys even me!
I asked my husband if it would be ok if I wrote a blog. A few months ago I was reading a friend's blog and he said "If we ever get a blog, shoot me." Well, I asked him again last night and he said it was fine. I think he secretly hopes that it will mean I won't bring home work stories ( not the ones involving the kids; the complaints). One thing that he requested is that he doesn't want his name used. He is just weird that way. He doesn't want to be on the Internet at all. (Don't tell him his pictures are all over my Facebook page!) I told him that I would need to say his name as he is the biggest part of my life. He said I couldn't use his name, but I could refer to him as Ferdinand. Why that name? Who the heck knows. So for all future blogs, Geoff is now Ferdinand. This is my life.
Yay! So excited to read about you, Ferdinand, future puppy and fun student stories!
ReplyDeleteadorable "background" and cute pic of you and Ferdinand!!
ReplyDelete