My friend Ginny, a fellow blogger, got the idea of My Husband Rocks Friday from a friend of hers. Now, I'm going to take it from her! I love the idea of writing and thinking about why my husband rocks. I could write a super long blog about why I think he rocks, but instead I'll write about it every week!
Ferdinand is in grad school for environmental studies with a dual emphasis in water quality and GIS. I can barely name the classes he takes let alone tell you the purpose of the class. He is a super smarty-pants especially when it comes to science. However, he struggles with the computer skills. He really thinks that computers should be smarter than him, but they are only as smart as the user. Interestingly enough most of his classes require him to learn a new database type of program per class. He spends hours on homework every night and the majority of his frustration surrounds the computer programs. As a side note, I'm actually a fairly quick learner on any computer program, therefore making it extremely hard to watch my super smarty-pants husband struggle on a computer. I wish that I could take away the computer component for him.
Grad school has been very tough and stressful on both of us. I think I should get an award or something when he graduates because grad school requires a ton of support! This week, for some reason, was more stressful than usual. He had one very tough evening while doing homework involving a small meltdown. The next day he emailed me wondering where my favorite facial/pedicure place was. He knew that my job has been stressful for me and I don't dump my stress on him since he already has too much. I love that he recognizes all of this without me saying a word. My husband rocks! He also rocks because he is in grad school to get a better job in order to help create a better financial life for us and our (someday) growing family. He is so ridiculously smart it kills me and he just rocks for working two jobs and going to grad school!
No comments:
Post a Comment