I think we am fortunate to be able to have a baby after my sister, my sister-in-law, and many close friends. We get to see what worked for them and they get to tell us what didn't work so well. One idea I got from my sister was purchasing a rocker recliner chair. I thought about those glider chairs that are typically used for babies but I always wondered where you would put that chair in your house after the baby doesn't need it in their room anymore. The gliders, to me, didn't seem very versatile. My sister and her husband had purchased a rocker recliner when their first son was born and they put it in his room. I loved rocking in that thing with him and reading stories to him. It was comfortable enough that I even fell asleep one time while rocking him when he was teeny tiny. Well, since we don't have a bedroom for our little one yet I really wanted a rocker that would look like it belonged in our living room. I convinced Ferdinand that this would be the better investment because it can go in the baby's room (eventually) or in our living room.
A few weeks ago we went to American Furniture Warehouse to look at the rocker recliners as well as a small wooden file cabinet to take the place of my desk (that was housing my old, dusty, desktop computer). We didn't find anything right away that we loved. We kept looking online and found one that we liked but must have missed in the store. I went back to the store and found the chair, tested it out, and took a picture for Ferdinand. It was also on sale which made it more appealing! We also found a nice file cabinet online, also on sale. We purchased both and then had to go pick them up.
Here is the truck we rented from AFW which I had to drive because Ferdinand forgot his wallet that day...conveniently. We became a little nervous when we got the recliner to the front door and it wasn't going to fit through. We had to take it out of the box and then turn it all sorts of sideways to get it in our place.
Here is a before of the dining area and part of the living room.
And here is the after picture including the recliner. You can also see the file cabinet in the back corner behind the table. We have been enjoying our new purchase and we think our little girl will like it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment