Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

4th of July Weekend

A few weeks ago we decided to drive down to my mom and Mike's house in Ridgway, CO.  We drove down on July 4 and got to their house just in time for dinner.  My sister and her two boys arrived that night around midnight.  We had a great time while we were there going for daily walks (just the girls) and playing with the boys.  Ferdinand fished down on the Uncompaghre river one morning.  We enjoy going there because we get to relax so much including taking daily naps!
One morning we got up early and went for a hike.  We wanted to hike in the beautiful San Juan mountains and we hiked there a few summers ago.  This time we took a different trail from the same parking lot that we went to before.  The trail was called Blaine Basin and it was gorgeous.  It was sprinkling when we arrived at the trail head so we decided to leave our big camera in the car to stay dry but then I stupidly forgot my phone which has a camera on it.  I say stupidly because this hike was amazing!  There was a great creek running next to the trail the whole way and then about half way up the trail there was a long waterfall.  Once we go to the top (to the basin) we had a close up view of Mt. Sneffels (a 14er). 
I've stolen a few photos from the Internet of the views.  The first one is of the waterfalls in the middle of the picture.  I think I would have taken a better picture.  ;)  The second picture is of Blaine Basin.  Mt. Sneffels is the large mountain on the right. 

We had a great time with my parents and sister and her boys.  I think this was our last visit there without a little one of our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment