I feel like a lot has happened in the past few months and I have a ton of different things I could blog about, but instead I'll just give you the quick version.
Sadie turned one on April 3. We gave her some doggie ice cream which she LOVED! I just spent a few minutes reading my blogs from last summer and looking at pictures of her when she was so little. She was so cute! She is still super cute but not so little. Her behavior has changed so much. When we are at home is when she behaves the best. She loves to be around me and Ferdinand, being outside, playing in water, playing with her doggie friends, hiking, digging holes, and licking the inside of our yogurt containers. She hates the vacuum and that is really the only time she ever barks. We only have to pull it out of the closet and she starts freaking out and barking! We really got lucky with her. When you get a puppy from a rescue there are so many unknown factors - how big they will get, their temperament etc. She is a great dog and we love her (probably too much)! We have officially had her for a year!
Ferdinand had foot surgery. He was in his walking boot for 6 weeks and is now out and walking around. He is supposed to be taking it easy, but there is no way for me to keep him from hiking or jumping on the tramp any longer. Believe me, I've tried. He is so active and it was really hard for him to be patient. The weekend before he got his walking boot off we went for a 3 mile hike - yes, in his walking boot!
Ferdinand graduated from grad school. The ceremony was nice and we had a fun party that evening. He is applying for new jobs every day. We just pray he will find something that he loves and soon!
Another school year ended for me. It was really hard to say goodbye this year. I loved my class, my teammates and my principal. It was easily the best school year I've had so far as a teacher. I have no complaints from the school year and wasn't really ready for it to be over. Don't get me wrong, I'm already enjoying my summer, but it was just such a great year and I hope next year is even better.
Although I wasn't ready to say goodbye, I was actually the first teacher to check out. The students left at 12:55 on Wednesday and I was out the door for the start of my summer at 1:15. Ferdinand and I left for Glenwood Springs for a few days. Sadie went to a friend's house and it was nice to have a little break from her. We had a great time going to Aspen on Thursday. We went on a hike and walked around the town. We went out to dinner and went to the pool on Friday before driving home. When we got in town we decided to pick up Sadie, go home and repack, and head up to Fraser for the rest of the weekend. It was a great start to the summer!
That sounds like a good start to summer! I am so jealous. I need to get me one of those jobs!! I keep applying, but nothing yet:)
ReplyDelete