After three years of hard work, tears, stress, and a few small disputes, Ferdinand is done with his classes for grad school. He finished with his final paper for his independent study class today and he officially graduates on May 15 with a Masters Degree in Environmental Science with an emphasis in GIS.
I'm so proud of him! Going to grad school wasn't exactly his idea. I mean, without a little encouragement from me and his family, he would have never gone. The first year he was in grad school was tough for us because it was an adjustment. His first few semesters were full of tough classes. Who has ever heard of taking a class called 'Aquatic Ecology' and passing that class??? That is insane to me. He was always stressed out and even wanted to quit a few times.
The second year was also our first year of marriage and living together again. That was also interesting because he is a very methodical person who likes his routines. We had to learn to compromise very quickly about where he would study at night - in the bedroom at his desk or in the living room. He always wanted to be at his desk in the bedroom, but I always wanted to sleep. We worked it out and we are still married!
This past year has just been a year of finishing. He just wanted to be finished and struggled getting his assignments done because in his mind, he was done. And now he is done!
Again, I'm so proud of him. He did this because he wanted to be happy with his career. He did this so that we can better provide for our family. He did it because he is brilliant!
I'm so glad that he is done and I love him so much. Ferdinand rocks!!!
Way to go Ferdinand!
ReplyDeleteYay! And I just noticed that you are not a "sister" in your profile.
ReplyDelete