

Can you see our tent at the bottom of this picture?

We have almost the same picture on this hike from last year when she was 9 weeks old. You can see it here
Lunch on our hike after 2.5 hours.

We have almost the same picture on this hike from last year when she was 9 weeks old. You can see it here

Lunch on our hike after 2.5 hours.
The view from our lunch site.

The view on the hike.

Kicking back after a long and tough hike.


The view on the hike.

Kicking back after a long and tough hike.

1. The first night I was getting the campfire going and Ferdinand decided to take Sadie to try to find a spot that she could get in the river. Sadie has never been very brave when it comes to jumping in water. She usually makes sure that she can see the bottom of the creek or river before she jumps in. Well, she jumped right in the rushing river and quickly found out that she can swim. According to Ferdinand she had a look of sheer terror on her face. He calmly coaxed her back to the edge of the river and she was able to latch on to a rock before Ferdinand pulled her out. He said that had she not been able to get to the rock he wasn't sure what his next move was going to be. The rivers in Colorado are very high still and moving quickly. Ferdinand said it was really scary. Sadie slept by his feet the rest of the evening.
2. Sadie loves to chase birds and squirrels and most likely any other small animal she will ever see. We knew that there were wild turkeys on this hike because it is the same hike where we saw a wild turkey last year. I heard the turkey right as Sadie began to chase it. The turkey flew off and Sadie ran through a ton of dead fall trees trying to chase it. Ferdinand and I were calling her incessantly and realized we couldn't hear her collar jingling anymore. We both got a little scared. I thought maybe she ran so far away she couldn't hear us and didn't know where we were. Ferdinand was nervous that she got hurt in the dead fall. We kept calling her and I finally started hearing her collar. She was a little too brave on this camping trip. I think I prefer her to be cautious!


Sweet photos! Sounds like you all had a great time. I am so jealous. WOuld love to go camping:)
ReplyDelete