Well, this past weekend wasn't exactly what we had planned originally, but it was a great, relaxing weekend.
First of all - a puppy update! On Friday night, Ferdinand and I went out to dinner to discuss that we were completely set on finding a puppy on Saturday. Online posts showed that there would be a few puppy adoption events. We also filled out an online application for a golden retriever / lab puppy from a rescue. The rescue even called for a phone interview which we passed and we thought we were on our way. On Saturday, we went to an adoption event that turned out to be cancelled because of the long weekend. We were disappointed because our weekend plans included taking care of our new puppy. When we got home we received a call from the rescue that informed us that while we sounded like we would make a great match with one of their puppies, we do not have a fence and therefore cannot even be considered. Bummer. We will try again this next Saturday and there seems to be more of a chance in finding the right puppy for us.
After all the bad news, we decided to change our weekend plans. We went to REI to get a bike rack for the Sube. After two trips to REI (the guy sold us the wrong one at first) we have a nice bike rack and the car looks better than ever. Thanks to my parents, Gram Cracker and Gramps, and the Muirs for the birthday money which funded the bike rack!
On Monday, I ran the Bolder Boulder 10K race. Wow, I forgot how many people run this thing (55,000)! It was madness. I was proud of myself for running the whole way because it was my personal goal. I have tried in the past to run the whole way and either I didn't train enough or something happened to my body during the race to make me fall short of my goal. I learned a few things as well: 1. Get in an earlier wave. Those walkers were in my way! 2. Train more and run faster. 3. I think I'm going to sign up for a half-marathon.
It was a fun, relaxing weekend and I can't wait to start my summer break on Friday! Also, I'm writing this from school during my lunch break and let's just say tomorrow can't come soon enough. I have a bunny here for the day and two of my boys got in a major fight at recess....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment