Here is a side view of the belly at 8 months. I posted this on Facebook because a few people were wanting belly pics. Well, everyone was so kind with their words but a few people insinuated that I'm not big enough. I think it is the black shirt that is masking the actual size. Because that same day at work our school psych thought I only had a week left to go and she couldn't believe I was going to be getting any bigger! I'm not sure which response I like more.
Today was pretty fun. I spent all afternoon in the ER. Again. I was walking Sadie this morning and got real wet, down there, all of a sudden. I didn't think my water broke but the thought did cross my mind that maybe I was leaking fluid. Later in the morning I was talking on the phone to my sister for forever when I finally said, nonchalantly, "Oh you know what is weird, this morning I had a lot of leaking." She freaked out! She said that wasn't normal and that I should call the doctor. The doctor, phone nurse really, said I should go get checked out to be safe.
My sister came and picked me up because of course Ferdinand was in Steamboat jumping on the water ramps. When we got to the hospital, labor and delivery not the ER, they started asking questions and testing things. They did some testing and determined that I did not leak amniotic fluid. But they did monitor my belly and the baby's heartbeat all afternoon. I was having what looked like contractions on the graph, they weren't contractions because they weren't painful, but there was definite tightening. I didn't feel anything but the baby moving! They checked to see if I was dilated at all and I am .5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. After watching me all afternoon they decided to let me leave. By the time I left they weren't too concerned about me at all. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry but it does seem like a whole lot of fuss for little old me. Here's to staying pregnant for at least 5 more weeks, 6 would be perfect!
ACK Megan!! Keep that baby in!!! :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I think you look PERFECT!! xo