Since I met Ferdinand he has hated this cardboard drawer thing that I have. I never got rid of it because it wasn't broken and the drawers were always full. I've had this cardboard "dresser" since my freshman year in college. Actually I used to have two but the other one didn't survive a move one time. This dresser has been through countless and I'm surprised it has lasted this long. Back in the day it probably cost $20. I think I got my money's worth! The four drawers have housed my purses and belts, junk, swimsuits and more junk. Obviously I'm not much of a purse person if one of the drawers could hold all of my purses and belts in one! This weekend was an end of an era...Ferdinand (and the baby girl) finally convinced me to get rid of the dresser. Here is the dresser after I emptied the drawers. There really were four drawers and they were packed full...of crap!
I knew that a replacement needed to have enough room for the few things I was keeping from the dresser and enough room for our little girl's items like socks, folded clothes, etc. This is what we found at Target:
The baskets are thick and sturdy and we have the option of adding more baskets if needed. We picked girly colors so that one day this will go in our daughter's room. Right now it is living in our closet. I've only taken two of the baskets which house my swimsuits and my belts/purses. Ferdinand was very pleased with the end result. He was so excited to throw the cardboard dresser in the trash.
Every weekend we continue to make room for this little girl that will be taking over our condo!
No comments:
Post a Comment