Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Love it, Love it, LOVE IT!

I love my life right now. What's not to love? I have an awesome husband, cute puppy, and I LOVE my job again. I never hated teaching or my job, I just didn't love 2nd grade. Well, let me tell you, 6th grade is where it's at! We had a great first couple of days back to work with just the teachers. Actually, it was the best start to the school year I have had. The energy is just so positive in our building. I love our new principal. She is fun, energetic, positive, organized and she knows her stuff. For the first time since I've been teaching, I didn't cry the night of the first day of school. Ferdinand came home asking if I had cried already. I let him know that not only was I not going to cry, I was going to talk about the first day of school with a smile! I'm having so much fun with my kids and I love it! It feels so good to be able to bring humor back in the classroom, something 2nd graders can't handle very well because they loose complete control. I know that the year will be full of bumps in the road. Trust me, I know. I have a few zingers in my class. The difference is that I'm teaching 6th grade! This is my life! :)

1 comment: