Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Fresh Start

I love the beginning of a new school year. I have always loved school supplies and buying new items. There is such an assortment of pens, pencils, folders etc. to choose from. I remember as a little kid that the beginning of the school year meant new shoes and a few new outfits for the fall. Back to school shopping was always so fun. I remember one particular outfit in elementary school that I was obsessed with. It was a one piece yellow and black number that I probably wore at least once a week until it was too short on my ever-growing legs. I still get excited to see the supplies in the stores. I always buy new pens and pencils, I can't help it! This school year will be a fresh start for me, for our school and for our students. I'm so excited to get started and be back to working like crazy. I've had a great summer of relaxing, traveling and playing with Sadie. I'm ready to work.

We'll just see how I feel in a few weeks....

2 comments:

  1. I loved back to school for the same reason. My mom would drive me to the big mall in New Orleans and we'd shop and I'd get a new pair of shoes. My favorite pair of shoes was probably 2nd grade...Grape Purple tennis shoes. They matched nothing, of course, but I wore them with everything. It's been weird this year to not be buying school supplies for my classroom. Happy start to the new school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for 6th grade, a fresh start and new school supplies!

    ReplyDelete