I haven't been doing very well with updating my blog (sorry Gram Cracker)! Life is just seems to keep getting busier. Unfortunately, this blog post isn't going to be an update about me and Ferdinand.
Our 8 month old nephew, Ben, is having surgery today on his kidney. He was born with a little problem with his kidney's. At first they were just enlarged and the doctors didn't see too many pressing issues so he didn't have to have surgery right after he came into this world. They were hoping that the problem would correct itself which often happens. However, one of his kidney's valve thingys to the bladder (as I imagine it) is kinked up when it is supposed to be straight which causes some urine to be leftover in his kidney. He is having surgery to get the kink out (again, as I picture it in my brain). Please have Ben and Chris, Emily and Janie in your prayers for the next few weeks. He'll be in the hospital for a few days and then he'll be at home with something like a catheter, but not. Emily will be staying in the hospital with Ben while Chris is at home with Janie. Let's pray this is the only surgery he has to have and that he has a speedy recovery. I'll post some recent pictures of him later. He is super cute and growing like a weed!
I hope the surgery went well Megan. Hugs!!
ReplyDelete