So, my Gram Cracker gave me a little friendly reminder that my blog was missing me. What Grandma wants, Grandma gets.
Life is still very hectic for me and Ferdinand. My class is over this week, thank goodness. I was also able to get off of one of the committee's I was on, which helps mentally. I still need an extra 12 hours in every day.
Adding to all of our insanity, Ferdinand's car died a few weeks ago. He was driving up to Winter Park and called me on a Thursday night around 8 p.m. and asked me to call a tow company to go get him. He towed the car to a mechanic who then said that the engine siezed and it needed a new engine. Well, long story short (VERY long), we decided to sell the car because it still was a decent car inside and out. We sold it on craigslist in about 24 hours. We then had to get a new car for him so we talked to our car broker and he went out searching for our new car. Well, it took him about 12 days - I know exactly how many days it took because we only had 1 car between the two of us and I was the one without a car. Ferdinand has to go home at lunch to let Miss Sadie outside and he has to go to school. I was able to find rides home from work, but Ferdinand had to take me to work every morning which meant I had to get up earlier and be at work an extra hour early. Being at work early was actually great! I was able to get so much done and not feel stressed out....until the end of the day when I had to find a ride home and be on someone else's schedule. That's hard.
Our new car is a 2005 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 34K miles. It was exactly what we were looking for. It came just in time too, because Sadie got spayed the next day. Sadie had no idea what happened to her. She was totally out of it all day and a little bit the next day. By the third day she was pretty much back to her crazy self. We tried to put her cone on her and she freaked out. It was hilarious. She was backing up swinging her head dramatically back and forth trying to get it off. She wasn't licking her wound, we were just worried (correction, I was worried) about her being in her crate all day. Turns out she was fine. She doesn't need the cone and she has no idea she had surgery. Ferdinand was proud to tell me he even threw the cone away. Um, didn't we pay for that? Yes. Nice. I hope we don't ever need one.
The day after Sadie was spayed, I woke up with a fever and was sick all day. We were both very pathetic. My cold hasn't really gone away, but I only had a fever for one day. Could be the swine flu....I've had 8 confirmed cases in my class in the past month. I don't think that is what it is though, my ears aren't pointy and my nose looks normal.
As of tomorrow I only have 20 work days until Thanksgiving break - which means skiing and sleep! Oh and family and food too.
No comments:
Post a Comment